Dental Platelet therapy in Tallahassee
Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)
It can speed up the healing process.
Autologous Platelet Rich Growth Factor is a procedure that utilizes the patient’s own platelets to speed up the healing process. In order to increase your natural platelet count, we take a small amount of whole blood just before the procedure, which is then centrifuged to separate the plasma levels above the red blood cell layer and below the platelet-poor plasma fraction. This platelet concentrate is then used combined with bone grafting material to be used in your treatment. This increases a patient’s level of blood platelets and stimulates many of the tissue growth factors that attract the cells responsible for all phases of healing, and:
- Increases growth of new blood vessels in the tissues,
- Enhances new collagen growth,
- Increases the rate of outer skin healing,
- Enhances new bone growth,
- Reduces post-operative pain and swelling,
- Reduces bleeding and post-operative bruising of the tissues,
- Using the same Platelet Rich Fraction, barrier membranes are routinely created at our office to enhance the collagen membranes placed. In some instances your own platelet fraction membrane is all you need.